Monday 9 April 2012

Who can't boil an egg then?


Women can't boil eggs.  It's official.

You think you've got problems.  Just looking for a quickie bit to scribble about to emphasise what I mean and I stumbled across a piece of research from last year from the Good Food channel.

So it's what they found out - it's not a rant from me.  Women can't boil eggs. At least, that's what 1 in 20 admitted out loud.  One in six got husbands/male partners to do the daily cooking and one in ten don't know one end of a lasagne from the other.  And let's not even go near roast dinners.

So if you are a student and think you can't cook...can you boil an egg?  Yes..?  You see. What did I tell you.

1 comment:

  1. I can cook and bake... boiling an egg is a darn sight trickier though... all in the timing. I now seem to have perfected it though according to my youngest. He likes Boiled eggs that are runny but not too runny... you know the sort of gooey white horribleness... anyway... perfection is boiled egg added to boiling water...Old fashioned egg timer...turned over ...sand dropping to lower half then when all through...turn over the timer & 1/2 again....Perfect every time... try it...u will be addicted to the little wooden & glass contraption. No idea of timing... try it and you'll see it works!

    ReplyDelete